Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book an appointment?
- Email is the best way. Please include a description of your IDEA, SIZE, PLACEMENT, and any relevant photos or details.
- Schedule a consultation - Consultations take less than an hour, you can call or email to schedule a time to come in and talk in person.
- Four Winds Tattoos is located just North of the Beaverdam Rd. Ingles, in the front building of Beaver Lake Office Plaza at : 959 Merrimon Ave. Suite 5, Asheville, NC 28804
What do you need for designs?
- I can create original artwork from anything you bring me.
- Bring your own photo references, sketches, doodles, books, or we can research the important elements you want included in your design together. We will discuss style, sizing and placement, and I will give you my input to ensure you receive a good-fitting, nicely flowing, and above all a flattering tattoo.
- Try to be specific with important elements, or if you want me to have artistic freedom, just say so and know that I always do my best to interpret your concept in honest vision.
- Tattoos are $100 per hour, with a 1 hour minimum.
- If you have a budget planned for your tattoo discuss it with me at your consultation, I can work within most budgets.
- Deposit/Drawing Fee - I request a $100 deposit/drawing fee for custom designs. The deposit is non-refundable, and gets you a completed design drawn and ready for tattooing. Minor changes to your design will be accepted at my discretion, however, if the design requires complete re-drawing, I will ask for an additional deposit. This is why important details and discrepancies should be discussed at the consultation or included in your email.
- Rewarding Larger Pieces - If your tattoo is 5 hours or longer, I will credit the deposit to your final hour of work.
- Get plenty of rest the night before, and make sure you eat something nourishing in the few hours before arriving.
- Feel free to bring a pillow or blanket, your own music, headphones, book, anything that you might want to make you more comfortable.
- I have spring water, tea and coffee available, feel free to bring a snack or other drinks.
- Aftercare Instructions - Follow this link to an external page that you can refer to or print out. I also have hard copies available after your session.
- 72 hours (3 days) notice is required for cancellations. I understand that occasionally situations arise last minute, I will work with you. If you do not reschedule within 7 days you forfeit your deposit credit.